Energy Electronics I:
- Introduction (power vs. linear electronics; power electronics applications; power converter classification)
- Power semiconductor devices (power diode; SCR/thyristor; fully-controlled component)
- Line-commutated converters (basic circuits; diode rectifier; thyristor bridge converters; inverter operation)
- Switch-mode DC-DC converters (basic circuits: step-down; step-up and buck-boost converters; continuous vs. discontinuous operation; H-bridge for DC motor drive)
- Switch-mode DC-AC converters (basic concepts of inverters; 3-phase voltage source converter for AC motor drive and interfacing of renewable generation with the grid)
Energy Electronics II:
- Complements on switch-mode DC-AC converters (single-phase H-bridge inverter)
- Switching DC power supplies (forward converter; isolated DC-DC on common inverter topologies).
- Soft switching (hard vs. soft commutation; resonant DC-DC converters)
- Applications examples and exercises related to renewable electricity production systems, electric vehicles, etc.
- Titulaire: Olivier DEBLECKER