It includes basics, principles and definition of the performance indexes, modelling, state-of-the-art and future developments for a list of technologies for energy conversion and storage in SMACCs:
- Combustions Engines and Combined Heat and Power systems;
- Compression heat pumps and refrigeration machines;
- Sorption heat pumps and refrigeration machines;
- Fuel cells;
- Biomass boilers;
- Thermal solar collectors;
- Heat exchangers;
- Wind technologies;
- Thermal energy storage technologies.
The teaching activity introduces students to the concept of entrepreneurship and its practical implementation. It focuses on different stages related to the entrepreneurial process, including business model innovation, monetization, small business management as well as strategies that improve performance of new business ventures. Confronted to a mixture of theoretical foundations as well as case studies of real-life examples, students will develop an understanding of successes, opportunities and risks of entrepreneurship.
- Titulaire: Jonathan BAUWERAERTS